rubygems-sandbox version 1.3.0 has been released!
Published 2014-08-06 @ 14:08
The sandbox plugin for rubygems helps you manage your command-line tools and their dependencies. Sandboxed gems are installed in their own private rubygem repositories with all of their dependencies. This means that you don’t have to have a rat’s nest of gems in your global repository in order to run popular command-tools like rdoc, flog, flay, rcov, etc.
gem sandbox has the following sub-commands:
- install gem_name … - install 1 or more gems
- plugin gem_name plugin_name … - install a gem and plugins for it
- remove gem_name … - uninstall 1 or more gems
- help - show this output
Once you install gem sandbox will output something like:
Copy the following scripts to any directory in your path to use them: cp /Users/USER/.gem/sandboxes/GEM/bin/TOOL _in_your_$PATH_
Copy the scripts to a directory in your path (eg ~/bin or /usr/bin) and you’re good to go.
1.3.0 / 2014-08-06
2 bug fixes:
- Fixes for changes to Gem::SpecFetcher (2.x?).
- Removed dead rubyforge setting in Rakefile
- home: http://www.zenspider.com/projects/rubygems-sandbox.html
- code: https://github.com/seattlerb/rubygems-sandbox
- rdoc: http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/rubygems-sandbox